The SA State Population Health Conference is the premier developmental opportunity for emerging public health researchers and practitioners to present their work to a local audience.
This year's conference recognises that many students feel that their research is minor, or has no impact. With the theme “We are public health, hear us roar” we will ask: how can small ideas impact the community? How can you get your ‘public health voice’ heard?
We invite abstract submissions on any topic in public health, from public health students (undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research), ECRs, AFPHM trainees, and practitioners.
Why should you submit your work to the State Population Health Conference?
- It’s a friendly and supportive environment in which to present and to encourage networking
- We welcome both qualitative and quantitative presentations
- Abstracts can be submitted regardless of the stage of your project or thesis
- Choose oral or poster presentation
- Affordable registration charges: $35 Student members, $45 Student non-members; $75 members PHAA/AHPA/AEA/AFPHM,$90 non- members
- Prizes for Best Oral, Best Poster and Most Popular Presentation
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PROCESS
All abstracts will be peer reviewed.
You can submit abstracts for either oral or poster format, but the reviewers may alter your preferred format depending on places available.
Presenters must register for the conference once they are notified of their abstract being accepted (http://sapophealth.com/registration).
Abstracts should be set out on the conference template and according to the guidelines below:
- Text of abstract to be a maximum of 300 words
- Text of abstract to use the standard format of Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion, Implications for policy or practice, Keywords
- Font: Arial Narrow 12pt
- Format: Single spacing
- Alignment: main text aligned with left hand margin
- Submitted on the abstract template
- When submitting, please indicate your preferred type of presentation – Oral or Poster
Abstracts NOT in this format will be rejected
If you have problems with completing the abstract template, please contact us on email@example.com
Abstracts due: 5pm, Friday, 28th July 2017
Submit your abstract using the template available below as a word document emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 PHAA SA State Population Health Conference Abstract Template.docx
Size : 13.572 Kb
Type : docx